F.O.G.-B-GON is a highly concentrated, specialized blend of application-specific bacterial cultures selected to degrade municipal, food processing and high fats, oils and grease waste. When used as directed F.O.G.-B-GON is safe, harmless to people, the environment and it is completely biodegradable.
When applied to treatment facilities, F.O.G.-B-GON assists in:
- Helping to establish a biomass capable of handling difficult wastes/hydraulic overload.
- Reduces the accumulation of unsightly deposits of F.O.G. type foams.
- Significantly reducing odor problems.
- Enhancing BOD and COD removal while improving sludge settlement and reduction.
The range of microorganisms contained in this product consists of aerobic and facultative anaerobic bacteria. Selected from their natural environment, these bacteria have been adapted to give optimum performance in degrading fats, oils and greases by providing the normal mechanism for the selection of the biomass population with the opportunity to change its make-up in a manner not usually available.
Typical uses of F.O.G.-B-GON include:
- Remediation of grease deposits and the prevention of foam formation in holding tanks, sewers, drains and aeration basins.
- Acceleration of the biological degradation of wastewaters containing high levels of fats, oils and grease.
- Reduction in the unpleasant odors often associated with treatment plants handling fatty wastes.